[deletia]
It stands for everything that's been lost
Thursday, September 26, 2002
After slaving for a couple of days over my assigned readings and Batman(I will explain everything later), I think I'm ready for my presentation tomorrow.

The presentation is actually not that big a deal but it's just that no matter how many times I have done it, I'll still be nervous as hell before any class (whether 10 or 100, but if it's really the latter, I'd probably die before I start speaking). Now, I wouldnt exactly consider myself a nervous wreck, I speak well (I think) but put me opposite my Prof in a class-environment, I just get really uncomfortable. For these presentations, all we have to do is to provide the class with a 1-2 page handout with points for the particular topic. But what I have to do is to prepare another copy (for myself only) that has the exact thing I say verbatim, word for word. So my copy of the presentation will have things like the following:

"Hi. Evening, everyone. I am presenting on Batman and the rise of the Blockbuster and its effects on Filmic Narration"
or.. "The rise of the blockbuster not only signals the transformation of the Classic Hollywood Studio System... now if
you will take a look at page 45 of your reading..."

You get the point. I'm not so good at fielding questions while I'm in the middle of the presentation cos it breaks my train of thought. I don't mind questions after the presentation but I'm not in love with the idea of them either.

Anyway, the thing about Batman. I was real surprised when my Prof assigned this film for the class on Hollywood Narration. But it wasn't too bad. I watched it before but now I notice several things that's real funny about the film. For example: If you watch the film before (the Tim Burton/ Michael Keating/ Jack Nicholson one), you'd remember that Vicky Vale (Kim Basinger) was taking some photos of the Giant Balloons that were releasing poisonous gases about 20 minutes before the end, and she was told to stay in the car and wind up the windows. Maybe I was bored already but I notice that the right rear window was distinctly only half-wound up during the next scene.

/randomness

I just hope I dont screw up too much or launch into randomness during the presentation.
:)


wow. that was long!
/ramble

posted by Sharon K at 9:13 am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




You can reach me at scornfate at gmail dot com, if you can be arsed.


 
  May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005


Site Feed


You are Site Meter

Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger