[deletia]
It stands for everything that's been lost
Tuesday, June 29, 2004

What is happening to the world!

Because I'm more or less at my computer at work everyday, I'm reading more and more news online. And it saddens me. Take for example, the controversy over Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 911. It hasn't opened in my area yet, but there's already a red circle around Aug 5 on my desk calendar.

Well, I would have thought it common sense to only criticise something--anything--only after one has read all the facts. Granted, it's not possible to read everything before one offers his/her opinion, but it sure comes across as dumb to bitch about a film before you have even watched it. I was surprised at an article by an Observer film reviewer:

I'll be reviewing the film in full when it opens here in a couple of weeks, but suffice to say that it was neither the sharpest, the funniest nor the most politically potent documentary screened at Cannes this year.


In it, he was making more noise about the publicity surrounding Moore, and how he is more or less a media whore (my term) about Fahrenheit. I don't know if it has ever crossed the reviewer's mind that maybe the only way Moore is able to "educate" the public in this media-frenzy world, is to make some noise of his own. His methods may not be pretty but it sure gets the message across, doesn't it?

I'm not an American, but I'm curious about how the US Elections will turn out. From Karen's blog, I have been
reading a forum board about the Moore film. I don't think it is my place to criticise anything that I haven't seen but you'd think that if you want to bitch about something, the least you could do is have a coherent argument first! These people are calling him fat and idiotic and "ungrateful heathen." I mean, come on! Are we still in the school yard?
i dont have a problem with his weight. i jus have a problem with his attitude. if he dosent like the gov't then get out of the country or run for Prez and win. he needs to be thankful he has a gov't that allows him to bash the Prez. he is nothing moe than an ungrateful heathen!

would like start off by saying that mr. happy funtime can suck my conservative bush-supporting ****. your an idiot to all are delight. fahrenheit 9/11 is nothing more than a liberal movie, for young voters to vote for kerry. well i will be voting for bush. im 18, and i know that moore is nothing more than a fat idiot that pays his wife to sleep with him.


All I can say is, if you don't have a coherent argument, at least run a spellcheck over what you are going to bitch.
posted by Sharon K at 8:30 pm

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

hah...
it is truly scary when dissent is consider anti-american...
this country was founded on a bunch of dissenters and malcontents...
as i noted on my blog, i agree with much of f911, though not necessarily all - but his right to make f911 ought be inarguable in this country...
people fail to see that his dissent - much like the dissent of most i know, is motivated ought of love - love for this country, it's people and people worldwide...

5:52 pm  
Blogger randy said...

Sharon: Well said. You will appreciate the film when you see it. My take is here: http://blogcritics.org/archives/2004/06/26/132310.php

- Randy

3:30 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

The power of democracy surely is degraded substantially when people simply ignore the fact that they have to at least know a minuscule amount of *what* the hell they are voting for (and in most cases, not "who")... It is so sad to look at this power turning into scrap when it could do so much good. The Western World is declining in that sense, turning into dust, crushed by low education & liberal entertainment...

2:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home




You can reach me at scornfate at gmail dot com, if you can be arsed.


 
  May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005


Site Feed


You are Site Meter

Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger