[deletia]
It stands for everything that's been lost
Tuesday, August 31, 2004

The World is a Noisy Place

Yesterday has got to be one of the worst days of my life. Frankly speaking, I am surprised to be still in one piece. In the morning, I had a run-in with one of the rudest people I have ever met. He just literally pushed me out of his way and it threatened to turn ugly when I pushed back. There were a few "what the fuck"s exchanged but we went on our ways.

Throughout the day, there was this overwhelming realisation that I am still not okay despite surviving 2 weeks after the breakup. Work was piling up and I was ready to scream from all the stress. I'm almost embarrassed to recall it now but I was breaking down in toilet quite a bit yesterday.

And to make matters worse, my fucking ipod ran out of battery and died on me on my way home. Ok, this is not funny to someone whose entire plan to tune out from the world relied on that white box. I pleaded with it, asking all the gods to help me out and make my ipod last for just 1 more stupid hour, just until I reach home, but no one was listening. It was horrible!

On the bus, I had to sit beside this guy whose clothes were not aired properly and it stank like HELL. I almost puked, I tell you. There was a horrible start-stop traffic jam which made my head spin and there's this stupid couple in front of me trying to gossip after their office mates despite having NO chemistry what-so-fucking-ever.... etc. etc. etc.

Having been used to tuning out from the world on commutes, I had no fucking idea that the world is such a goddamn noisy place. GOD!


posted by Sharon K at 11:11 pm

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Heh. Yeah. We humans live on a very small amount of space if you think about the places on Earth where we just simply *can't* live: The ocean (there goes a lot), in high altitudes (*puff*) and cold / warm places like Sahara & Antarctica (there goes the last bit). Furthermore, we tend to cramp together in small places and multiply like maniacs, so no wonder it's bloody noisy around here.

A small tip for the weekend: Bring a fully loaded iPod out in the countryside and go sniff to some flowers, sit under a tree or just take a long walk. Might help... (^_^)

12:05 pm  
Blogger randy said...

Shit happens (when you party naked). I've experienced the nausea you get when you are close to someone who reeks of bad odours. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that, but hope today is/was better for you. Sending you lotsa love from Canada.

5:00 pm  
Blogger Sharon K said...

I guess I've just been overwhelmed by the banality of it all, especially when I was without the one thing that has kept me safe from it all.
But thanks for the kind thoughts all the same.

8:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home




You can reach me at scornfate at gmail dot com, if you can be arsed.


 
  May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005


Site Feed


You are Site Meter

Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger